Services at NYSDOCCS
Modern Health Care
Clinical Physician 1 and Clinical Physician 2
The New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (DOCCS) is currently accepting applications for state employee staff physicians: Clinical Physician 1 and Clinical Physician 2.
Perform professional activities, requiring specialized education and training, to provide general medical care and treatment for residents and clients of State facilities.
- All levels of work experience, including new graduates, are welcome.
- Current New York State license and registration are required.
- Full and part-time positions exist at Correctional Facilities throughout New York State.
- Most physicians work during normal business hours, Monday through Friday. However, Physicians are responsible for sharing "on-call" phone responsibilities for evenings, weekends, and all New York State holidays.
- Secure work environment.
- New York State benefits include: retirement/pension, health insurance, prescription coverage, dental coverage, vision benefits, 13 vacation days annually, 12 holidays, 5 personal days, and sick leave.
How to apply for Clinical Physician 1 and Clinical Physician 2:
If interested in employment with NYS DOCCS, please send your Curriculum Vitae to the attention of Nancy A. Lyng, MS, Director of Health Services Operations and Management at the address provided below. Clinical Physician 1 and Clinical Physician 2 positions are continuously recruited, and consist of an evaluation of the candidate's education and experience against the general background position. Phone inquiries may be directed to Ms. Lyng at (518) 445-6176.
NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision
Division of Health Services
Nancy A. Lyng, MS, Director of Health Services Operations and Management
The Harriman State Campus, Building #2
1220 Washington Avenue
Albany, New York 12226-2050