Job duties include:
- Provide professional nursing services
- Nursing interventions and their documentation
- Case finding
- Health teaching/counseling
- Provision of supportive and/or restorative care
- Participate in staff training
- Prepare clinical and administrative reports
- Maintain infection control standards
- Function as a member of a treatment team
- Salary range- $46,859 - $59,638
- Additional compensation depending on workplace location, shift, and experience.
- Openings exist throughout New York State.
- Secure work environment.
- New York State benefits include: retirement/pension, health insurance, prescription coverage, dental coverage, vision benefits, 13 vacation days annually, 12 holidays, 5 personal days, and sick leave.
How to apply for nursing positions
Complete application Form NYS-APP and Location Preference Sheet, or call NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision Personnel at (518) 457-8132 to request an application packet. Note: There is no filing fee.
Completed application Form NYS-APP and the Location Preference Sheet may be emailed to Doccs.sm.Personnel.Medicalrecruitment or faxed to (518) 453-8465, Attn: Medical Recruitment, or mailed to:
NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision
Personnel Office, Attn: Medical Recruitment
The Harriman State Campus, Building 2
1220 Washington Ave
Albany, New York 12226-2050