Research Reports & Publications
Annotated Report Listing
The Department of Corrections and Community Supervision produces many research reports concerning the inmate population and other aspects of the operations of the Department. Full versions of each research report on the Annotated Report Listing may be viewed, downloaded, and/or requested through this website. Categories covered include:
- Shock Incarceration Program
- Earned Eligibility Program
- Merit Time
- Alcohol And Substance Abuse Treatment
- Psychological Screening Program
- Recidivism Research
- Statistical Reports On Offender Population
- Criminal Justice Statistics
- Extent Of Substance Abuse In Inmate Population
- The Foreign-Born Inmate Population
- Female Inmates
- Special Program Reports
- Legislative Reports - Prepared By Other DOCCS' Units
- Reuse Reports
Many additional reports prepared by the Department’s Division of Program Planning, Research & Evaluation – as well as other agency reports and documents - have been made available on the internet in a digital format by the New York State Library. To access these reports:
- Start at nysl.nysed.gov
- Click on "Digital Library"
- Click on "Hyperion Hierarchy"
- Click on "New York State Government Documents"
- Click on "Department of Corrections and Community Supervision"
- And, for Division reports, click on "Division of Program Planning, Research & Evaluation"