Job duties include:
- Review, monitor, dispense, and distribute medications
- Provide drug information
- Supervise pharmacy aides
- Participate in pharmacy and facility wide performance improvement activities
- Optimize medication use
- Collect, analyze and report on medication therapy related data
- Maintain safe, effective and efficient operations in the pharmacy department
- Maintain accurate dispensing, distribution and related inventory records
- Salary range- $86,243 - $105,834
- Includes $11,000 statewide geographic differential.
- All levels of work experience, including new graduates, are welcome.
- Current New York State license and registration are required.
- Full and part-time positions exist at Correctional Facilities throughout New York State.
- Generally, positions are weekday, day shift. Work on evenings, weekends, or a state holiday is NOT required. Promotion opportunities may be available at various facilities.
- Secure work environment.
- New York State benefits include: retirement/pension, health insurance, prescription coverage, dental coverage, vision benefits, 13 vacation days annually, 12 holidays, 5 personal days, and sick leave.
How to apply for Pharmacist:
Complete application NYS-APP-3 #20-127 Form and Location Preference Sheet, or call NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision Personnel at (518) 457-8132 to request an application packet. Note: There is no filing fee.
Completed application Form NYS-APP-3 #20-127 and the Location Preference Sheet may be emailed to Doccs.sm.Personnel.Medicalrecruitment or faxed to (518)453-8465, Attn: Medical Recruitment or mailed to:
NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision
Personnel Office, Attn: Medical Recruitment
The Harriman State Campus, Building 2
1220 Washington Ave
Albany, New York 12226-2050